The people I grew up with...

It all started with the Secret Seven and the Famous Five. At the tender age of seven, I wanted to solve mysteries, have English muffins (hot and syrupy) with tea, and celebrate Guy Fawkes day. I never got to do any of these. Then, I moved on to the Archies. So, at the age of thirteen, all I wanted was to sing in my band, go out on movie dates and eat hamburgers and banana splits. Well, I did few of these things. Later came the Nancy Drew mysteries. And at fifteen, I wanted my own car and own Ned Nickerson. I did not, naturally, get either. I moved on. This time to Harry Potter. Oh my! I still remember those days. At seventeen, I almost willed myself into being a wizard (Yes, I admit, there I was a bit gender confused). I grew past Harry and Ron and read A Suitable Boy. At eighteen, I fell in love with Kabir and hated Lata for jilting him. Many books read, many fantasies lived, but none lasted longer than couple of days. All was well and normal and boring, until I picked up Twilight. And at twenty, I wanted nothing more than to be a vampire and Mrs Cullen. Its been over an year now, but I still cant get over Edward. Oh, well, for now I can’t find anything more captivating than my beloved vampire love story. If I do, you will be the first to know!

8 comments:

Madhusmita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Madhusmita said...

haven't we all gals been there, done dat!!! nancy drew, hardy boys and enid blyton made up our small lives...tis true that fantasy crushes last but not long...but they surely shape the way we lead our future lives...that's how we now love mushy love stories, candle-light dinners, red roses and a box of chocolates... *SIGH*

raining words said...

You bet! All these stories they take you to a different world. Finding an escape from a boring life gets very necessary at times!

hari said...

LIAR LIAR... and here i was led to believe missie isn't interested in mysteries...
P.S. i feel you should read/watch Sherlock Holmes then :P
As for Twilight, i hope you dearly wish i wouldn't start again! i have pretty much conveyed my thoughts on the same, long back, haven't i? :P

@madhu: I like the way you started your comment! "haven't we all gals..." i would have had a lot to say, if you hadn't started the way you did! LoL..! though, add i must, i love a box of chocolates too, without, of course, the former things mentioned by you.. ;)
Living the life, i guess..!

Nikolai Sean said...

yes it is difficult to get over twilight...just a little difference...i prefer the wolves better than the bats....they seem a lot more masculine and animal...an animal man would be a real treat. as for harry potter. i never seem to get over that quite enough. every time i read the series i discover new little details that i overlooked before...and every time i peruse every copy it brings back a feeling of nostalgia like i have been there and experienced it. but what surprises me is i never seem to get over ron...gosh. the funny fantasies and follies that define some women.

raining words said...

yah! *sigh*
Jacob is a sweetheart too. But i can never betray Edward. hehe.

Anonymous said...

Sans Twilight I grew up with the same people as well :) Just landed here from indiblogger. Following!

raining words said...

Welcome Sowmya! :)

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Popular Posts

Followers

Featured Posts