From a journal entry written two years ago, during my long journey to Benaras

These sights roll by fast. Close mountains and clean ponds.
These hills cut in shapes so tricky. One half illuminated by the falling sun and the other in the cooling shadow.
A spread of trees and virgin shades. This isolated nature beckons. How I wish this train would stop and let me explore for a day or two, this complete solitude and the lonely woods.
Parallel rays of light tumbles out from the openings of huge dark clouds.
My tired eyes find solace in these passing heavens.
A couple of wanderers here and there. How long for them to reach home?
How long for me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow ! you express feelings so beautifully !! :)
its a delight to read you ! :)

raining words said...

Thanks Prasad! You are one of the few people who encourage me to write. :)

Rishi said...

Hey Sis...You really write well. Excellent post this is. :). Nice to browse through your posts here.

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Social Icons

Popular Posts

Followers

Featured Posts